The 1st quarter report cards are now posted on Jupiter. To view your child's report card, log into your Jupiter parent portal and select Report Card from the menu. Please contact Oaks Registrar, Anya Schnell, if you have any Jupiter questions.
Outdoor Cantabile on The Square - Fri., Dec. 2
Cantabile on Friday, December 2 will be held on The Square, out front of the MP (gym) building, at the regular time of 3pm.
It's A Wonderful Life Dessert Theatre - Fri. & Sat., Dec. 2 & 3
*Purchase Your Tickets Today!
It's A Wonderful Life Poster
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE!
It's A Wonderful Life Dessert Theatre, this year's fall production, is presented as a live radio show dessert theatre with three showings Friday and Saturday, December 2nd and 3rd. You won't want to miss this performance!
Lots of help is still needed for this production, so please take a moment to look over the volunteer sign-up and find an area to help if you are available. It's A Wonderful Life Dessert Theatre Volunteer Sign-up
Basketball Season & Upcoming Family Nights
*Next Home Game - Mon., Dec. 5
Come cheer on The Oaks high school basketball teams this season. There are several Family Nights planned for our Oaks community and the teams would love your support at any (or all) of the games.
There are several Family Nights scheduled, so grab a friend and sign up for a shift at a Family Night. It's a great way to serve the community and your help is always appreciated. All volunteers get a free meal and admission to the game.
Family Night Volunteer Sign-up
Upcoming Home Games (Family Nights denoted):
- Dec. 5 – Oaks vs ICA *Boys only
- Dec. 6 – Oaks vs CCS
- Dec. 16 – Oaks vs PCS (Family Night - pulled pork sandwiches)
- Dec. 29 – Oaks vs Flathead Valley *Game times begin at 2:30pm
- Dec. 30 – Oaks vs Stillwater *Game times begin at 2:30pm
- Jan. 6 – Oaks vs NICS (Family Night - hamburgers)
- Jan. 13 – Oaks vs CCP
- Jan. 20 – Oaks vs SCCS (Family Night - brats & burgers)
- Jan. 23 – Oaks vs PCA & KCA
- Jan. 27 – Oaks vs KTSI
4pm – JV Gentlemen; 5:30pm – Ladies; 7pm – Varsity Gentlemen
FAMILY NIGHT DETAILS:
Dinner is served from 5–7pm
$6 per person/$24 family max. includes dinner & admission
For the complete schedule please reference the Basketball page.
Wear your Oaks gear and get ready to cheer! Let's fill the gym with Oaks fans and root on our teams. GO OAKS!!!
The Gathering Place Reopens - Wed., Dec. 7 [7:30–8:20 am]
The Gathering Place baristas are eager to be back serving their morning treats! There will be some fun and tasty new items, including hot cocoa and mocha mix, just in time for the holiday season. These new options will be $2 each.
Lost & Found – Thurs., Dec. 8
*Labels help reunite you with your missing items!
Lost & found items will be set out in the MP foyer on Thursday. Please stop by to see if anything belongs to your family. All unclaimed items, except uniforms, will be donated at the end of the day. Thank you to all who come by the office to find missing belongings prior to them being placed out. We appreciate your help in keeping the lost & found pile low.
Oaks Staff Christmas Party Volunteer Sign-up - Sat., Dec. 10
The Oaks Board of Directors and their spouses are hosting The Oaks Staff Christmas Party on Saturday, December 10 and are seeking volunteers to help bless the staff at this annual event. Please see the sign-up below if you are interested in helping.
Staff Christmas Party Volunteer Sign-up
Christmas Concert at The Fox - Tues., Dec. 13 [7pm]
*All students are required to participate in both the day's rehearsal and the evening's concert.
*REHEARSAL DETAILS - Please Read Carefully & Respond Accordingly
***Transportation Forms Due by Fri., Dec. 2***
During the school day on Tuesday, December 13, the entire student body will be rehearsing at The Fox Theater for that evening's concert. Below is pertinent information for the day's rehearsal. Please read this information carefully and respond accordingly.
ATTIRE: Students are to be in uniform, formal uniform is not required for the rehearsal.
WHAT TO BRING: Students should bring the following items and nothing extra (no backpacks, textbooks, lunch boxes, etc.)
- Brown Bag Lunch - Please make this completely disposable (paper bag, disposable drink, etc.) as any remaining items must be discarded afterwards.
- Car Seat - If your child requires a car seat and will be riding home with someone other than the person who dropped them off, please leave a clearly labeled car seat with your child at drop-off.
- Instruments - Students who are playing an instrument in the concert will need to bring their instrument with them to rehearsal and leave it at The Fox until the evening's performance. Instruments should be clearly labeled.
- School Supplies - Secondary students will receive instructions from their teachers on what study items to bring. Grammar students' materials will be provided for them by their teachers. Please do not bring backpacks, etc.
8:30am - Grammar students only carpools
8:45am - Secondary students only & grammar/secondary mixed carpools
All students will enter through Door C (see attachment). Parents may pull up to the curb along 1st Ave. or into the west parking lot to drop off your child. Oaks staff will escort students into the theater.
12:15–12:30pm - Kindergarten - exit SE doors, Door B (see attachment)
2:30–2:45pm - 1–12th grades
Grammar only carpools - exit SE doors, Door B (see attachment)
Grammar/Secondary mixed carpools - exit NE doors, Door A (see attachment)
Secondary only carpools - exit SW doors, Door C (see attachment)
Each student will check out with an Oaks staff member and exit at the predetermined door. It is extremely important that this process is organized so that every student is accounted for. Therefore, each family must complete the Christmas at The Fox: Rehearsal Transportation form on Jupiter for each of your children no later than Friday, December 2. This information will determine where your child will be picked up at the end of the rehearsal.
Please note that student drivers must bring money to park in a nearby public lot (no metered parking permitted). The theater's west parking lot is NOT available for student parking.
After a three year hiatus, The Oaks is excited to be able to host our annual Christmas concert at The Fox theater once again! Mark your calendars for Tuesday, December 13 at 7pm and start inviting your friends and family to this once a year free gift to the greater Spokane area.
***Reserved Seating Forms Due by Fri., Dec. 2***
6:00pm - Doors open - Theatre Seating Chart
* Main level seating is first come, first served.
* Upper level seating may be reserved upon request - please complete the Christmas at The Fox: Concert Reserved Seating form on Jupiter no later than Friday, December 2 if you would like to reserve seating.
6:45pm - Pre-Concert begins
* Please find your seats quietly during this time.
7:00pm - Concert begins
* Photography and videography are NOT permitted during the program. Arrangements have been made with The Fox theater and professional photographer(s). These photographs and videos will be made available to families afterwards. Please refrain from taking photos or videos during the concert.
*STUDENT DETAILS (for concert)
WHAT TO BRING: Students should not bring anything with them to the concert. Parents, please keep your child's outerwear with you.
6:15pm - 6–12th grade - designated seating in balcony (upstairs)
6:30pm - 4–5th grade - designated seating in orchestra section (main floor)
6:30pm - K–3rd grade - designated lounge in upper mezzanine (Mezzanine/Lobby map)
*Faculty members will be available in the lobby to help direct students to their designated locations.
K–5th grade - dismissed to parents from their seats in theatre
6–12th grade - dismissed to meet parents in lobby
ATTIRE: Students are to be in formal uniform.
UNIFORM REMINDERS: In preparation for the upcoming Christmas concert please evaluate your child's formal uniform to help ensure that all students will be ready for this special program. Below are a few items to pay special attention to, for specific details please see the referenced page in the Uniform Policy. - Formal Uniform Chart (pg. 5)
- Vests - embroidered with Oaks logo (pg. 3)
*New un-embroidered vests may be quickly exchanged in the office for new embroidered vests of the same size.
- Jewelry - petite in nature & compliment the uniform (pg. 3)
- Belts - gentlemen must wear a belt (pg. 3)
- Tights/Socks - ladies must wear footed tights or knee-highs; white for K–5th & black (or dark navy) for 6–12th (pg. 5)
- Shoes - solid dark brown or black, dark-soled, leather or leather looking dress shoes; ladies - 1" or less heel, no boots or booties. (pg. 5)
- Accessories - ladies may wear small hair accessories that match uniform colors, no Christmas hair accessories
- Ties - gentlemen must wear the required white plaid tie or (7–12th) bow tie, no Christmas ties
Students arriving out of uniform for the evening's concert will be required to make the necessary adjustments prior to the program's start.
*Late start - Wed., Dec. 14 [9:30am]
There will be a late start to the school day following the concert on Wednesday, December 14th. Classes will begin at 9:30am on this day.
Christmas Cantabile - Fri., Dec. 16 [2:45–3:15pm]
Please plan to join us for a special half-hour Christmas Cantabile on Friday, December 16 at 2:45pm.
Christmas Break - Dec. 19–Jan. 2
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. – Isaiah 9:6
Events Help Sign-ups
Beth Schultz, Activities Coordinator, is looking to partner with parents in planning & executing upcoming school events. Below are sign-ups for these events. Please contact Beth with any questions.
It's A Wonderful Life Dessert Theatre (Dec. 2–3)
Christmas Concert at The Fox (Dec. 13)